We Offer Our Clients
Our attorneys understand the challenges of opening a probate proceeding and will meticulously manage the administration of an estate. We have represented countless clients in Probate court to defend issues related to capacity, guardianship, and selection of a personal representative. We currently offer the following:
- Initiate or open Probate proceedings
- Representing personal representative and estate beneficiaries
- Guardianship and Elder Abuse
- Conservatorship of Adults
- Creating Guardianship and Conservatorship plans
- Trust Administration
- Appraisals for the deceased’s property assets
- Filing federal and state tax returns
- Locating next of kin
- Reviewing Wills and Trusts
- Supervising estate planning trusts
Probate is the legal process in which an administrator is appointed to handle the administrative logistics of your estate. An attorney is appointed as guardian or conservator to manage your affairs to ensure that your estate is dealt with proper and professional care.
As your representatives, we have the duty to administer the estate and distribute assets to the intended beneficiaries.
At Washington Law Partners, our probate lawyers work with an estate’s beneficiaries and executors to settle a decedent’s affairs. We review a will to determine its legitimacy and accelerate the probate process with our legal services. If no will exist, we can assist with distributing assets following the requirement of local laws.
Probate and Estate Litigation
Probate and estate litigation can be time-consuming and complicated, mainly through difficult times. When challenged with this type of problem, it is prudent to seek the help of an experienced Washington, DC, probate, and estate litigation lawyer, someone who can stand by your side and navigate you through this burdensome and challenging process.
With years of experience, Attorney Harold G. Ognelodh understands probate and estate litigation’s emotional and financial consequences. Probate and estate litigation disputes in the Washington, DC area can include:
- Will contests
- Disputes related to the construction of wills
- Trust accounting disputes
- Contested guardianships and conservatorships
- Spousal share claims
- Business succession disagreements
- Creditor litigation
- Claims opposing executors, personal representatives, trustees, and other fiduciaries
The Benefits of hiring a Probate Lawyer?
Complex legislation affects a deceased person’s estate, and having a keen understanding of navigating these complexities is very important. Filing the wrong documents or missing certain pertinent items can lead to delays and increased court costs.
As your representation, we would be responsible for:
- Petition the court to represent the estate
- Notify heirs and creditors
- Change legal ownership of assets
- Transfer the assets to heirs and manage the payment of bills, debts, and taxes
- Provide the court with proof of your actions and close the estate
If you believe there is a likelihood the transfer of the decedent’s assets was completed improperly or incorrectly, or if you require legal help as part of an estate matter, contact the Washington Law Partners to schedule an initial consultation session.